Renaming your iPod is actually a very simple procedure. Here's a list of step-by-step instructions on how to rename your iPod:
- Any iPod
- Any computer capable of running iTunes .
HOW TO RENAME YOUR iPOD
- Turn on your computer and open the iTunes application
- Connect your iPod to your computer. Wait until you see your iPod appear in the iTunes Source list. In this example, my 60GB Video iPod is just called "iPod". That's boring. Let's change it.
- Double click on your iPod's name. The iPod's name should now be highlighted and editable.
- Type a new name. Press Enter. This name is still boring, but at least you get the idea right?
NERD NOTE: Don't feel like opening iTunes to rename your iPod? You can actually rename it directly from the Finder (Mac) or Windows (PC) unless your iPod is set to AutoSync with iTunes. If you do have an AutoSyncing iPod, please use the procedure detailed above.